Do I have toxic mold in my home?

Do I have toxic mold in my home?

DO I HAVE TOXIC MOLD IN MY HOME?

October 16, 2019

 Mold can pose a health problem, especially for people with an allergy, an existing respiratory problem, or a weakened immune system. stay alert if you of anyone in the home is showing any of these symptoms.

Breathing problems

As mold grows, spores, cells, fragments, and unstable organic compounds can enter the air. They can produce allergens, irritants, and mycotoxins. Some of these can be toxic, especially to individuals who have sensitivity to them.

These particles can irritate the lungs, nose, and throat, especially in a person who already has a breathing problem, asthma, or a chronic lung condition.

Allergies

A person with a sensitivity or allergy to any mold-related particles may react.

Symptoms include:

  • a blocked or runny nose
  • an itchy nose
  • an itchy throat
  • sneezing
  • watery eyes
  • a dry cough
  • skin rashes
  • a sore throat
  • sinusitis
  • wheezing
  • People with a mold allergy as well as asthma have a higher chance of having an asthma attack when there is mold in the environment.

A 2012 study found that infants and young children exposed to mold in the home had an increased risk of developing asthma by the age of 7. The research examined 289 homes and 36 types of mold.

 

Mold causes serious health problems, Long term exposure to mold in the home, is very unhealthy and dangerous.

People who are most at risk of the symptoms of mold exposure are:

  • infants and children
  • older adults
  • people with allergies or asthma
  • people with weakened immune systems

The main health concerns seem to relate to allergies and irritation, which typically cause respiratory symptoms. People with weakened immune systems may also have a risk of fungal infection.


Don’t Wait! Mold grows fast and will hurt your health and property value. Call us now for an immediate professional assessment (754)703-8317